From:
Jennifer LaRossa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 10:58:52 EDT
Hello!  I finally located the flagyl "recipe" in Modern Ferret, #10, page
43.  I hope it is not a violation of copyright laws or whatever to quote
from it.  It appeared in the article:" What Is Lurking In Your Fish Tank?
Hunting Down the Cause of Giardia Infection", by Joyce A.  Bartlett.

"... Flagyl (metronidazole) 10 mg/lb once or twice a day for 5 to 10 days
depending on the severity of the infection.  Mix Flagyl 250 mg/Pet-Tinic
10cc.  May use any water-soluble syrup.  To mix, crush Flagyl 250 mg tablet
in mortar with pestle.  Add 1 to 2 cc of Pet-Tinic to mortar.  Continue to
crush with pestle until a very smooth paste is formed.  Combine thoroughly
with the rest of the Pet-Tinic.  Pour into brown bottle.  This method of
mixing improves the suspension of the Flagyl in the Pet-Tinic.  The client
should still be instructed to shake well before administering."

Hope this helps!
Jennifer, Archie and Rustle

[Moderator's note: It's probably OK to quote a small piece from the article,
which is what you've done.  I almost always send back longer quotes due to
potential copyright restrictions.  BIG]