From:
"Ronald L. Sims" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:05:01 -0600
Happy Dooks everyone.
There has been some posting lately about squeeky toys and ferrets suddenly
start attacking or being agressive (unlike their normal self).

My beloved Scruffee was one of the first rescues for us.  We found the 15
ferts covered with fleas, ear mites and dull coats.  After obtaining all
shots, and physicals, Scruffee became the ambassador of GOOD WILL, DOOKS,
and ALL AROUND FUN Fuzzy.  He would go to school to see the hooman-bean
kids and play with everyone.  One day, we found a squeeky toy that we
thought all of the 15 ferts would love.  However, we found that Scruffee
would come a-running at the sound and try to find out where the sound was
coming from.  Later, my daughter's ex-boyfriend started squeeking the toy
at Scruffee, and Scruffee attacked him and bit him real good (not good
enough to my way of thinking now.).

This was the period in Michigan History when the head of the Michigan
Health Department, Mary Stobierski (I called her a Neo-Nazi), and her
Gestapo Henchmen insisted that Scruffee be put down, and have his head
cut off and sent to Lansing to check for rabies.  No rabies (surprise,
surprise--NOT!!!).  We found out after this, that the ear mites had caused
severe scar tissue in Scruffee's ears and the squeeky toy hurt his ears.

I still have a picture of Scruffee with his head and forepaws sticking out
of my shirtsleeve, while I was wearing the shirt.  I still see Scruffee,
and many of our other fur-babies who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge,
frolicking around in Heaven, trying to disguise themselves as Big, White,
Fluffy Clouds.  Moral of the story: The ex-boyfriend should have had his
head cut off and checked for rabies(forgive me Lord).  Check and see if
your furbaby has scar-tissue in his or her ears, it may be the sound that
hurts their ears.

Peace of God be to all.
Question: Should Mike Tyson have had his head cut off for biting a part of
Holyfield's ear off (from info I found on the internet, there is a 500
percent greater likelihood of getting rabies from a human bite)?

Rev.Ron Sims,D.D.& Family:17 furkids;5 canines;2 felines;8 fish;and the
8 hooman-bean pets of above (still miss and love Scruffee).