Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:37:40 -0500
Hi all!!  A quick note in response to Hannah and Riley's- I agree with
you 98% regarding 'dressing up' our fuzzies.  I dress my fuzzies - but
in a different facet.  When it is fall, or cool out here - I have little
ferret "cardigans" that I put on em to keep them warm enough.  I also
notice, that when I am walking the little buggers, that they cannot STAND
to have something "cold" underneath their little fuzzie feetsies.  So, I
created a little set of booties - using finger knitting.  I tried to use
make them with regular knitting needles - but it didn't allow for much
"space" if you will, in betweenthe stitches.  I have found that if they
cannot "feel" the ground under their tootsies, they freak out - so I use
the larger, finger knitting style.

I also want to compliment you on your response.  I am sure that if I was
"shot at" like you were, with those harsh words, I'da probably had a real
challenge with my response.  I really was "with you" on the following
excerpt too.  I did also like how you mentioned the following:

Please tell him that he can no longer jump in the shower with me, or
steal sips out of my water glass.  The gajillion toys and tents and
tunnels he has are also "not natural." Neither is sleeping in bed with
us or wrestling with his sister (our dog) every day.

I don't know about the rest of ya'll - but I would be pretty bummed out
if that all stopped with my kidlets too.  I enjoy those moments of fun.

I know that we are all entitled to our own opinions.  And some of us have
more "opinions" than others.  I guess it would just be nice if people
feel the need to be "not so nice" - or even pretty, well, quite frankly
pissy with their responses, that they try to remember what it would feel
like to THEM if the shoe was on the other foot and that particular
comment was directed to THEM.  Mayhap it is just a difference in how we
were raised, where we grew up, cultural, or maybe someone just having a
bad day - and we are all entitled to one of those every once in a while.
But I am sure I am not the only one who feels that it would perhaps been
a bit kinder, if you reworded what you wrote Birgit.  The way it stands,
it is well, quite frankly rude, and based on how I understand it - just
plain mean spirited.  But that is just MY opinion and not the opinion of
others.  Please take this as it is meant - just as a learning tool.  I am
certainly not "condemning" anyone.  Just trying to gently remind some
that there are easier, kinder - and better ways to get your point across.
It isn't always necessary to be "hard-butted".

P.S.  - please do NOT waste space on the FML to redress this folks.  You
all know where I live......

Dooks all!

Kim and her missing one - Army of Albuquerque Idiots..

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what
I want.....