From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 05:35:04 -0500
Hey, Skeeter!  All of us (hoomans & fuzzies) are waving at you.  See us?
If you happen to see a very beautiful buckskin mare there whose name is
Lotty, give her a hug, and all the other cats and dogs that are probably
hanging with her.  Tell them I wave at them all the time.

Saturday morning we got a call from Phyllis Smith.  Phyllis and I talk a
lot, and between her and several others, they were part of the group that
helped me save our Socks last summer when he had ECE.  Anyway, Phyllis
asked where we got most of our babies, and if I would drop by there to see
if Mike had anymore.

Well, Larry and I went by and there was a beautiful 5-6 week old MF kit.
She's a black with white tipped ears and white on her chin.  We picked her
up and called Phyllis.  Larry (Mr. no more ferrets for a while) made the
statement "If Phyllis doesn't want her, we keep her!"  Well, Phyllis and
Tom drove up that evening, and Constance went home with them!  We all had
a great visit.

Also found out that Suzy Derkins LOVES to swim when I put the water in the
bathtub.  (Another sign your a ferret owner---you put nice, warm water in
the bathtub and then put your ferrets in it to play instead of you!)  Kit
jumped in with her and they both "swam" around in it.  Then Genie got in
for a brief second and tried to steal the plug.  I managed to sidetrack
her, but then heard the water draining and saw Kit sprinting across the
tub, plug in hand, er mouth.

Hugs and prayers to all.  Please keep in your thoughts our big red tabby
cat, Chewie.  He has to go to the vet today-I'm not sure what's wrong.
He's extremely depressed acting, cries when you pick him up and won't play.
Two years ago I lost Haji, my Japanese Bobtail showcat to FIP.  I'm scared
to death Chewie has it, but his symptoms aren't like Haji's were.  Sorry
to ask for thoughts on my cat when I know this is the mailing list for
ferrets, but Chewie sometimes thinks he's a big, red ferret.

Rebecca

=======================
Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences
School Veterinary Medicine
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN  47907-1246
Phone:   765-494-8632
Fax:     765-494-0781
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"