From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:22:57 -0800
Hi Everyone:

The Human Society of Greater Rochester (NY) also known as Lollypop Farm
to locals has two sets of ferrets who need good, forever homes. The
first set is a pair of absolutely gorgeous 2.5 YO female sables. They
are MF ferrets and size & build wise are more like males. They have
very loving personalities and are a riot to be with in the playroom.
They love to be held, but also love to interact with people in play
and being held and cuddled. They are very comfortable in their cages
and have even been treated to special bedding made just for them! They
are good regarding litter pans - they pee in one and poop in the other.
Too funny. I am uncertain why their family gave them up, but they were
well cared for. Their names are Rickson and Royce.

Lollypop only vaccinates ferrets (Cost issues) for rabies and gives
a physical as well. The adoption fee is 2/$50.00. These ferrets are
presently at the Lollypop West site in the Greece Ridge Mall. I check
in on them a couple times a week and volunteer for several hours on
Fridays, so they have at least one ferret person looking out for them.
You may view them at this link:
http://lollypop.org/org/org236.asp?ssid=&orgid=236

The second set is a three some of one YO male, MF kids. Their names are
Sylvanas, a Silver or possibly panda (unsure from pic,) Genesis, a dark
sable and Ratfink a sable mitt. Their family moved to California and
didn't believe they could take them with them so they gave them to a
friend. I believe originally there were two and the friends bought a
third and not long after, left the three at Lollypop's main site in
Fairport where they are currently. I met them briefly their first day
and have since sent supplies over to them. They lloked to be at agood
weight and coats looked healthy. I was scheduled to meet them, play and
evaluate but weather here has prevented that. The adoption counselor
has been wonderful about keeping track of them, taking them to a large
ferret safe room so they have "out" time and human interaction. Since
Lollypop works with other rescue groups. I have been told they may be
going to a small aminal rescue in Cheektowaga, near Buffalo. I hope to
connect with that group as well in the coming year to see if I may be
of help with ferret information and care. I am uncertain the exact
adoption fee, but I suspect it to be $3/$75.00, hoping to get them
into good homes.

This link should get you a look at the three kids:
<http://www.lollypop.org/org/org54.asp?ssid=&orgid=54&storyTypeID=&sid=&page=2>

For a better look, you may click on the individual pictures. If I may
be of help with any questions please feel free to e-mail me directly.
Lollypop does check for manager permission is you are a renter. You
must complete an application and provide either a license or some
other form of "legal" acceptable ID.

Please consider giving them a home.

Cathy Ryan

Feed rescued animals in two clicks