From:
Dodie Newcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 13:20:21 -0700
Hi FMLers!

Angel had her repeat urogram x-rays last week and today I got the results.
Basically, they just affirmed for me what I already knew to be true.  Her
left ureter also completely bypasses her bladder.  : ( There is nothing else
we can do to correct the incontinence problem.  We are going to try to
phenylpropylalamine to see if increasing "tone" in that area might help, but
I doubt it, since it's not a problem with the sphincter..  ...it's just that
her urine doesn't flow through it.  The vet also suggested that I test her
urine weekly with Ames Multi-Test strips for signs of blood or protein in
her urine.  This would indicate the presence of a urinary tract infection
that would require antibiotic therapy.  I think I will also try to syringe
feed her cranberry juice on a daily basis.  She hated the dried cranberries,
Suki!<GG>

Oh well.....life goes on, and so shall hers, because I have no intention of
euthanizing her just to make my life easier.  She's such a sweetie, but I
should have named her Little Devil and not Little Angel!  Recently, she's
unferret-proofed my sofa, my closet doors.....the list will increase by the
day, I'm sure!!!  :D

LOS SHOW:
Well, I finally took three of my five fuzzies to a ferret show!  Guess what!
We came home with four ribbons!  Fozzie got third in mitts(as in silver),
Teddy got sixth in sables, and ninth in kits, and Molly got seventh in
Mutts.  My friend Michelle's fuzzy, Dutch, WON the adult alters class under
one judge!  Pet store ferrets really can compete and do well at shows!
Yeah!!!!!  Anyway, we had a really great time!  Kudos to LOSPA and LOSN for
a job well-done!  I can't wait for the next one!

HAVE YOUR SCRATCHED YOUR FUZZY TODAY?<GG>
Has anyone ever tried to scratch behind their ferret's back legs?  It's
really funny....I saw someone do it at the ferret show.  The ferret
stretches those little back legs straight out and pure ecstasy is evident on
their little face.  Try it...I'll bet they like it!!!  Mine did!!!<GG>

DAYNA:
Thank you for sparing us the details of exactly what these people do to
these poor, defenseless animals.  I shudder to think... I remember seeing a
sign at a local shelter, several years ago,at this time of year regarding
black cats, as well.  It's really a shame....I wish you luck with your
endeavors.

Bye for now!

Dodie and the Fabulous Fuzzy Five
Gidget, Molly, Teddy, Fozzie and Angel