From:
Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 09:57:08 -0600
>Does anyone know where I can get a clear dryer hose like what is sold by
>The Ferret Store (made by Sheppard and Greene) for less than $19.95??

You won't save money by buying dryer hose. We found that out first hand.

We thought it was silly to spend so much money on a ferret tube, so we
originally got a dryer hose.  The ferrets loved it to pieces--literally!
They tore it to shreds over the course of a few months.  We duct-taped it
until there was hardly anything left but duct tape, but eventually, it was
totally shot.

As an experiment, when we replaced the tube, thought we'd splurge on the
Shephard & Green tube.  What a difference!  After two years, the tube is
completely intact!  It costs more up front, but then you save down the
road, because you don't have to buy another one.  (Or use up a roll of
duct tape.)

Vesna Kovach