From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:01:00 -0600
Sometimes, when a little one is ailing we let ourselves get overwhelmed in
the sadness of the moments (such as Dezzies leaving) and we miss out on so
very much.

Yesterday when I walked through the door after work, a fleeting moment
of sadness at the realization that Dezzie wasn't running (yes she would
literally run to me) to greet me, I glanced up from looking down and Pumkin
came running (yes) to me.  Tears sprang to my eyes at his sensitivity and
caring as I reached for him and nestled my cold hands in his warm luxurious
fur.  And soon three others appeared, with smiles as big as could be to see
me.  I soon had my arms filled with warm furry bodies with tender hearts of
gold.  Within minutes more appeared weaving through my steps as I gingerly
walked to the kitchen to prepare their evening recipe, but it wasn't the
recipe they had been wanting, it was me.

As I drifted through our home, a trail of furry bodies following, I thought
of how special each and every little one is.  Our mornings and late
evenings are filled with the flurry of bouncing and tumbling bodies, with
several frequently coming to check on me or to invite me to play by
tackling my legs.  Their smiling faces and sparkling eyes inviting me to
join in the fun and joy of life itself.

Remember to cherish each day.  Treat others, whether they be human or
another animal, with love, respect, and caring for someday you may not
have that opportunity.

Warm hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services