Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:13:21 -0600
This is a long post and apologies ahead of time.  After reading this if
anyone wants to contact me they can reach me at [log in to unmask]

I received a call from my parents sometime around the holidays that the pet
store by them was going out of business.  I got the number and called and
found out he had three ferrets for sale at $30 each and other pet supplies.
I then got in touch with Ferret Fanciers of Greater Milwaukee and asked if
they would be interested in them.  I asked if they could find someone to
take the trip with me to get them and after several calls and waiting for a
response, I decided to take a 1/2 day of vacation and go get them and
whatever else I could for the shelter.

On previous visits to this pet store I would check on the ferrets there and
back last May they had a new litter of kits.  Kits and Mom were in a long,
large aquarium with cedar shavings as bedding.  No litter box and the food
dishes were flithy, etc.  The other ones they had there at the time were in
a small condo type cage with no litter pan, food scattered all over the
floor and in need of baths, ear cleaning (black inside), and nails that
were long, thin, and curling in.  I talked with the gal that was running
the store at the time about the ferrets and she seemed somewhat knowledgable
but she was in error on a great deal of her info.  I told her even if she
took what I told her and put it to use or not.

I was back a couple of times during the summer to see how the kits were and
how the other ones were.

Well, Hoss's and his roommates cage was not any better than the last time I
saw the other ones.