From:
Larry and Tequita Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:41:51 -0400
I live in North Carolina near the NC ZOO.  Jack Hannah spent the day there
Sunday filming a show on the residency vet program.  One of the vet techs
that was working Sunday is a FERRET LOVER!!!  YES!!  She also does a bit
of rescue.  SOOOOOO, in the course of the day, he said something about a
particular rescue organization, (I don't remember what critter), and how
cats and dogs always get a lot of attention and funds, etc.  Janice told
him that she does ferret rescue.  He told her that he had made a negative
comment about ferrets and babies on national television.  She told him
that she had heard about it and that NO baby should be left alone with ANY
animal, be it dog, cat, ferret, bird, or snake, etc.  He did agree with
her.  I think that was all that was said.

She said he is a very friendly person and was kind/polite to all the zoo
guests that stopped him to talk and/or get autographs.  Over all, she
liked him.....

Her ferret, Gus Gus was sent to the bridge last week after a lengthy
illness.  He was only five or six.  The necropsy revealed kidney failure.

Another friend sent a ferret to the bridge last week and one today.
Both were only about three years old and FULL of tumors!!!  What is
going on here? Ferrets lives are getting shorter and shorter!!

Where the heck is Skeeter?   I miss you!!!

Tequita Williamson
Ferret Haven
The Piedmont Ferret Association