From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 11:42:34 -0700
Hi everyone.

I need help.  I hate to ask..  I really do.  but we have a little guy
coming in that needs our help.

I received a call yesterday from a lady who bought a ferret about 2-3
weeks ago.  The ferret somehow broke his leg.  She took him to the vet
and they just put a wrap around his leg.  She didn't have x-rays done -
she couldn't afford it.  The leg is getting MUCH worse.  And is now
purple.  he can't use it and is in pain.  She is about 3 hours from me.
I told her to call Morning Starr because they are closer.  but Morning
Starr Shelter is not taking in animals right now due to medical reasons.

So, I will be going up about 2 hours.  and my dear sweet friend, Lily is
going to pick him up and transport am in the process of either going all
the way up or getting transport down a little ways.  I talked with the
vet about doing surgery.  They can do it but if the leg cannot be
repaired it would have to be removed.  This ladies vet told her that he
believes that it is broken in several places and will require surgery.
We are going to need money for surgery.  Our vet can do it so I can get
it done right away but it has to be paid off within 30 days.

We have 3 kids right now that are terminal and are not doing good at
all and require meds and vet checks.  Because of this we don't have the
funds for this.

So I am asking for your help.

If you can donate funds to our vet that would be wonderful.  any amount.
If you can at least pass this on to other groups that you are on that
would be wonderful!

Acct:  Ferret Corner Shelter
Apache Animal Clinic
2145 S. Hwy 92
Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
(520) 458-0930

Or you can paypal me at: [log in to unmask]

All funds raised will go towards the vet costs.

Thank you..
Joanne Ruffner
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz