From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:52:01 -0500
Today in a local newspaper I saw a cartoon by John McPherson in his "Close
to Home" series.  It depicts a Pet Mart store, a table with a sign "Leaping
Ferrets", and a man and woman behind the table each with ferrets hanging off
their faces.  The caption: "Those are 20 percent off."

I find the humor offensive and the timing very poor especially with the
California bill ready to be heard next month, and Pat Wright's trial coming
up.  I find nothing funny in perpetuating the myth that ferrets are
dangerous, aggressive and attack without provocation.

John McPherson list his email address as [log in to unmask]

If you chose to email him, I'd urge you to be polite.  There is always the
chance that we can convince him to undo some of the damage in the future by
showing ferrets in a more positive light.  Name calling and verbal attacks
would only alienate him.

     Dick B.