From:
"Heyn, Ela" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:13:05 -0400
>I have just discovered a hand lotion that WWW refuses to bite, even in
>play.  It is made from Emu Oil, Lanolin, and grapefruit.  I suspect it
>is the grapefruit that she doesn't like.

I wonder if it's not the lanolin that she dislikes?  I use it sometimes
when I'm making lotions and soaps, and it has a distinct smell of its own
which is ..  how do I put it?  ... like wearing a dirty sheep.  I tried
using it in lip balm once, too, and that was a BIG mistake.  It tastes
about as good as it smells ..  YUCK!

If it's the pink grapefruit that she dislikes, you might want to buy pink
grapefruit essential oil from your local health food store (or online) and
put it on your hands, or in your lotion, etc.  Just be careful about going
into the sun afterwards for any length of time while wearing it.  You'll
burn much more quickly when you're wearing a citrus essential oil ..  they
are photosensitizers.

>There are several makers of emu oil products you can find if you just type
>"emu" into keywords.

You can buy emu oil pretty inexpensively (considering that it is emu
oil, which is itself an expensive product ...) from suppliers like
www.camdengrey.com and www.from-nature-with-love.com, and add it to the
lotion you like, too.  :-> I believe both of these companies also sell
lanolin and grapefruit essential oil.  Camden Grey has the BEST price on
emu oil that I've ever found anywhere.  She has a "soap grade" which is
less expensive than her more refined grade, if cost is a factor.

- Ela