From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 22:28:11 -0500
I would like to respond to Norma Mooney's statements in yesterday's FML.  To
start with, none of this is meant as a flame to Norma, or anyone else.
However, in the interests of getting this up, I'm not going to hold it for
24 hours as I usually would for a potentially hurtful post (or one this
poorly written<G>).  PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED.

According to rumour, discovered ferrets are:
   1) confiscated and euthenized
OR 2) sentenced to life a rat catchers in the turkey barns.
I would be more inclined to believe #1!  The vets (I've checked with 3) and
petstores all agree that ferrets will be confiscated and euthenised when
found.  In other words, London is Calfornia in miniature.

The fact stands that IF my ferret is confiscated, I will have to live with
the guilt.  When I got this animal, I was not aware they were illegal.
However, I probably would have taken her anyway (she was on offer because
her owner "felt she took to much time to after").  I am responsible for her
health and well-being, and any decisions I make should be made in her best
interest.

I would be very happy to have any information that might be helpful
convincing our City Councel change this by-law.  I have already decided to
work on this ONCE Monster is ...  gone.  I would also prefer that 'gone' to
be natural.

If anyone wants to make calls, I would strongly recommend you call from a
pay phone.  With call display, I can call Bell and get the name of anyone
without an unlisted phone# who calls me for $0.50.  For a by-law violation,
city hall might even be able to weasel out unlisted info.

I agree with (what I thought to be) Norma's message: it is our
responsibility to work for the good of all ferrets.  However, I would not be
the one to pay the price if I failed.  I will choose a safer route for now.

Megan, London Ontario