From:
SCN User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:16:42 -0800
uh-oh--I just posted a song and it was to the tune "Danny Boy" and for St.
Patrick's day.  I forgot to send apologies to all of you who will be
offended by that idea.  .  .so could all of you (you know whether I am
talking to you or not) please just think of it as a FERRET SONG instead of
getting all upset?

I do solemnly swear that I meant it as a CUTE FERRET SONG.  The fact that
it's to an old Irish folk tune, and written on St. Patrick's Day, does not
mean that I intended to antagonize most of you!  So all you Protestants,
and every one who is Jewish, Buddhist, Pagan, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, or
whatever--the song has NO religious affilitation whatever, it's just
another little FERRET SONG and that's all I meant it to be.  I am truly
sorry that you are upset and I know I probably should have not mentioned
the holiday--but I am part Irish, always playing those tunes on my
dulcimer, and sometimes I don't always think about how upset and unhappy
others can be.

So please, hug your ferrets for me instead of getting mad at me, okay?
After all, they're not offended by the song!

Thanks!
(1/4 Irish) Kate in Seattle