From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 13:30:03 -0600
Just started a new chapter in the dissertation from hell, which translates
as several weeks of intensive photocopying.  Boring.  So to amuse myself
while flipping through the pages of century-old reports, I started running
some of Asimov's comedic limericks through my head.  Then it dawned on me;
what is missing in ferretdom is really good limericks.  So to encourage the
production of said limericks, I thought I would start an unoffical contest.

Winners get:  Nothing but the respect and admiration of myself and others.

Rules: FML guidelines; just post them

Time Limit: Same time next century.

Now, I'm not much of a poet and a worse non-scientific writer, but I thought
I might get the ball rolling with a few sad examples:

There once was a ferret named Bear
That was covered with downy brown hair.
But the hair on his tail,
Stood striaght out like a nail
Each time the fert got a scare.

Sally had an albino ferret named Mouse,
Who loved rolling around in her blouse.
It was really a sight
To see three mounds in flight,
And it kept her husband from leaving the house.

How many ferret brains would it take
For a single CaCa Gestapo brain to make?
But please don't ask me--
Its not a thousand, nor even three,
And negative numbers make my head ache.

Ferret Stella has a very sharp tooth;
Rather two, and that's the truth.
And if you think I lie,
Then I'll show you my thigh
Where she tried to change "Rob" to "Ruth."

Ferrets back me into a corner, 'tis true,
And torn carpet will make the landlord sue.
But despite their disrepute,
They are so very cute
That loving them is all I can do.

That's all I will subject you to for now (I need ammunition if anyone
flames me ;-) ).  I know most of you can do better than this, so send them
in!!  Extra points for the inclusion of puns or derogitory remarks about
the CaCa Fish and Gestapo.

Mo' Bob and the 18 Mo' Laughing Ferts