From:
dale miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 03:51:55 -0600
We have an older silver-mitt with a very impressive girth.  This is
primarily due to a very large spleen (more than one vet has examined her
and recommended against surgery).  Since we moved into an apartment with a
hardwood floor she has had a tendency to rub her belly on the floor as she
walks--her feet slip a little on the hardwood so she has trouble holding
herself off of it.  She has developed a small sore on her belly from this.
If anyone has any thoughts about how to deal with the sore (would it be safe
to put something like a little Neosporin on it?  would we have to worry
about her licking it off?) or about the larger problem of her dragging belly
(we joke about a little cart for her tail-end, like you sometimes see for
dogs) then we would be grateful.

D.

Dale E. Miller                 | Office             | [log in to unmask]
Philosophy and Poli. Sci.      | 218/726-6948       | is my permanent
University of Minnesota Duluth | Dept. 218/726-8548 | e-mail address
Duluth MN 55812                | Fax 218/726-6386   |