From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:46:52 -0500
Dear all,

I just wanted to say thank you to all who sent their condolences,
prayers, well wishes and poems when Whitey died.  A heart felt thank you
to one and all; I have found a wonderful caring group of people on these
lists :-)

My beautiful little DEW did not die in vain, all his biopsies and records
will be sent to the pathologists researching DIM.  I hope because he was
unusual (2 years old and no distemper shot) his disease, treatment and
death will help the powers that be gain more insight into this horrible
disease.

The vet who did the necropsy turned his remains back over to us for
burial as she had gotten what was needed for research.  Today my husband
buried Whitey in my flower beds that he loved to dig the bulbs out of :-)
In the spring he'll be shaded by a Bleeding Heart plant.

And I want to thank Whitey for being such a crazy ferret :-)  You were
my 'fancy boy' because you loved silver Christmas garland and would wrap
yourself up in them and parade around.  I'll always remember you that way
and it will never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Thank you all,
Leslie