Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:00:17 EST
Hi, I found your email that you sent me in a long list of emails in my
Old Mail.  I apologized for overlooking that one!  Here's the remaining
answers....

I do not know what UTD, IMO, etc means.  I'm sorry.  Please send me an
email and explain what it means so I can understand.  I'd be more than
happy to answer whatever you need to know.

There's 65 ferrets to be exact, one died a few days later due to a very
poor condition that he was in.  He was given everything possible by a vet
available at everyone's request, but he was very old and tired.  His body
was not able to take the stress.

Yes, I've screened so many people.  I received over 560 emails regarding
adoptions and it was a staggering task, but April and others helped so
much.  We had to put all emails on all four walls in an empty room in
state cateogries in order to figure all out.  Then we went down to people
themselves.  It went on.  It was a very hard job for all of us because
we didn't expect such a huge response.  I've asked for many people
especially ferret experts, etc.  for help in screening and much more
since I do not know ferret community.  April, Deb and others and I cross
referenced with many people on each person and when we're happy with the
information, the ferrets went to them.  April personally drove and
transported many of them and has seen many of their homes which she
reported were wonderful.  I was pleased, but most of all, relieved.  I
worried a lot and bit off all of my good nails that week.

We all have been very blunt and honest with all the new owners that all
of the ferrets has not been tested for Aleutin's Disease.  We asked them
to.  We got some results from several ferret owners and all of them has
been negative so far.  We were happy.  We also informed everyone that the
ferrets will need to be vaccinated once they get them because we had no
idea of their histories.  Also, we advised them to be at the vet for at
least an hour at vet's suggestion to be sure there's no reaction?

Final question, how they came to be involved in everyone's else lives.
That is the hard one.  I gave out all informations we knew of ferrets
because everyone had the right to know.  Again, I personally left out
informations about where I'm from, so forth in case the lab company may
go after me or certain people that was involved.  What happened was that
someone thought I KNEW all about ferrets when I only knew someone that
OWNs a ferret.  It happened that someone got the wrong information and
ended up rescuing all the ferrets that were destined on their way to the
labs to be tested or some kind of experimental thing and brought them
over to dump on me without my knowledge.  It happened so fast it's a
blur.  Ferrets came in all kinds of cages and others with thin ropes
around their neck with notes of little infom.  about each.  We've made
up some names for others.  I've checked all other options and there was
none especially for a large number for ferrets.  That's how I ended up
researching the Internet and found all of you and people here as well.
I was given a semi empty townhouse at someone's family's request to use
for all ferrets while the family was willing to stay abit longer at
relatives.  Ferrets were given baths, ear mites treated, some teeth
cleaned or brushed, clipped, the list goes on that lasted for days.  It
was a huge job.  They all were not even once around anyone's shelter kids
or someone's homes with ferrets, but in an empty yet warm borrowed home
so they won't be stressed out.  Things worked out better than I could
dream of.  I wished I knew all of the history in what happened to them.
All I can say is that I'm content that they're safe, warm and has a home
now.  I sleep better now at nights knowing we all did everything for
those babies.

We definitely will keep you on the list if we need transporting driver.
Thank you!

Hope these answers help.
Thank you.
Marcy