From:
Greta Hoisington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:56:49 EDT
My furkids have two connectible playpens from theferretstore.com.
Initially I ordered one, but knowing my grandferrets were coming for a
long visit, I decided to buy two in order to accomodate all seven ferts.
Before ordering the 2nd playpen I contacted theferretstore's customer
service department and was very pleased with the cheerful cooperation the
rep offered me.  I mentioned to the rep that my grandferts were arriving
on a Saturday.  I did not expect special shipping treatment, since the
shipping was free and Saturday deliveries cost extra.  The first playpen
arrived by FedEx just before my extra kids joined us for their 'vacation'
at grandmas.

Yes, it is possible for some of your ferrets to scramble over the top and
escape the confines of the playpen.  This can be remedied by slitting
small diameter pvc pipe vertically and placing it over the top playpen
bars.  Also, when using the playpen outdoors, putting a tarp underneath
will prevent your ferts from 'digging to China' to escape and also will
help prevent fleas and other lawn critters from infesting your babies.
I hope this helps you.

Cordially, Greta Hoisington