From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:19:58 -0400
I guess somehow the ferret math disease hit me, and then bounced straight
on to my Mom.  She called me, fresh back from vacation to check on her dog
and bird I was babysitting.  I knew something was up because she sounded
pretty excited...seems a baby ferret had manged to convince my Mom to take
her home.

So yesterday Figet had some company.  The little girl bears a striking
resemblance to my Loki (RIP 4/97)... a little silver mitt with pretty much
no mask.  This little girl was hell on four paws.  My mom sat her down and
Watchie was off to the races.  She prompty stuck her head in Fidget's large
water crock and started snorkling.

Let me tell you, seeing that cute little ball of fuz playing with Fidget
really brightened what had been a horrific day.

I was please that Fidget was pretty darn accepting of the little one.
Although once they started tussling you could tell Watchie had more
experience than Fidget.  when he couldn't successfully scruff her, Fidget
just layed on top of Watchie and did what resembled an alligator death
roll.  Didn't stop the little girl at all!  She was even trying to grab
his tail and drag him!  Very very funny.

Needless to say my Mom had a very hard time leaving the house WITH Watchie,
but we finally relented and told her where we had hidden the little one
(just kidding, she fell asleep on my SO's mom's lap - we had quite a
housefull last night).  When my Mom put the sleeping Watchie in her travel
cage, Fidget was nosing around trying to get in too.

My Mom also left with a care package of Totally Ferret (no pet stores in
our state carry it),a cheweasel (shhh don't tell Fidget!), a home made
hammie, and plenty of instructions about making sure her vet gives little
Watchie the correct shots at the correct time, etc...

cheers
chris and Fidget in WV (where did that little thing come from Ma?)