From:
Mai and Patrick Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 20:07:55 -0700
Hi Folks!
It's been a long while since I posted so here is an update on our furr
kingdom, human baby etc...

Well due to an amazing amount of support from local ferret folk we have not
closed our doors as expected.  All rescues arriving here are vet checked
and once pronounced healthy are placed in foster homes to await adoption.
Ill ferrets are doctored here with the assistance of many volunteers.  My
thanks to those who have and are helping with the litter boxes as the DR.
told me NO! cleaning the litter boxes until after our baby's arrival.

We are breeding on a small scale this year and our first litter has
arrived.  The Mama is DAF Phantom Lady the Papa is Tonka Toy of Wherret.
All except one male are spoken for.  We are expecting three more litters in
the next month and will be breeding two more before the season is done.  My
hubby Patrick is raising the kits and caring for the Mamas this year and I
am very proud of him, He's doing a great job!

Now many of you have sent me e-mails inquiring about our expected human
arrival so here's the news!  All is well!  Although we do not know the sex
of the baby (they won't tell us here in primitive BC!) we saw 'her' (for
lack of knowing) on the ultrasound yesterday, the baby definately has
daddy's feet :( ah well, genetics!  :) :) I am a human punching bag and
some days I feel like 'Alien'!  :0) :0).  the due date is June 26, only six
weeks left to go!  Those of you who have met me should see me now!  I can't
find my feet!!

Anyhoo, Gotta run... (Okay, Waddle,*grin*)
Hugs to all !,
Mia Emery