From:
Kerry and Jeremy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 18:31:58 -0400
Okay,
this is the last time I will say something about this...
the vet ues the "live virus excuse" to pet owners in the country, he is a
country vet, and has found that when he says its an allergic reaction or
whatever, the owners do not bring back the animals again, fearing
anaphylactic shock over illness.  Hence, he tells a white lie, albeit
dishonest, he is simply assuring that the owners bring the animals back for
another shot the next year, he is looking our for the wellfare of the
animals he treats.  Unfortunately, many farmers and people living in the
country do not immunize there animals at all.  He does not want to scare
them away!!  Furthermore he declined to treat my ferrets and hedgehog, do
to his lack of knowledge on them... and does mega-low cost immunizations on
animals in small rural towns so he can keep the animals adn whomever they
encounter safe and happy.

Furthermore, my sister WAS trying to placate me, to calm us all down and
call the vet who knew what they were doing...unlike her.

So,
lets all move on to something of greater consequence and interest to the
greater ferret population.:)
Kerry and the FuzzBears
Willow and Fozzie