From:
Jason and Cheryl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:06:33 -0800
Hello to all you wonderful ferret folk,

It has come to my attention (Long story as to how) that there are 2
Marshalls ferrets from Animal Ark Pet Store, "3032 North Park Drive,
Humble Tx, 77339, the phone number being 281-361-7387" that are in dire
need of immidiate help.

They have been being fed only fruit loops, oranges, and possibly Kaytee
(shudder) ferret food, and are in really bad shape apparently.  They are
for sale at 99 dollars each.  My husband has been speaking via email with
Adrienne Mortimer who runs a Ferret Rescue in the area, (her phone number
is - 281-855-1717 -) and if you are in the area and are able to help
these babies, would be able to give you more info first hand as she has
seen the two.

The latest news we have, is that after Adrienne went in to talk to the
owner of the store, he took the two ferrets our of the shop and home.  We
are in email contact with the room mate and co worker (the woman who
alarmed us about the bad condition of these two ferret kids) and she says
they are with her and she is trying to get them to eat softened Marshals
ferret-vite.  The biggest problem we have is that if the Twit of a store
owner/house owner finds out his staff/roomie called the alarm on his
horrible treatment of these two babies, that she will be kicked out of
her house.

So, if any one of you Texas folks could take on these poor kids, I can
only suggest is talk to Adrienne or call the store, and say that you saw
the ferrets a couple days ago (they were there then) and say you would
like to buy them.  If you can :)

If I can be of any more help with facilitating getting these two darlings
to a healthy place, please feel free to email, and do keep in touch,
anyone, who might be acting on this mail.  I would like to know if
possible what happens with these kids.

Dooks and Raspy licklicks

Cheryl