From:
Jennifer Poverchuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 17:00:41 -0400
Well, Weezer must be feeling completely up to snuff at this point...she is
hiding everything I own.  I had a package of balloons (large ones, unopened)
lying on my bed.  She found it and tried to make off with it, but I grabbed
it in time so that only the corner was torn.  She seemed put off and went
about her business of raiding my sock draw.[  She has a stash somewhere (I
still can't find it) consisting of at least five pairs of socks, one shoe
(which is bigger than she is), a bunch of pens, empty coke cans (which get
stolen as soon as my back is turned), three erasers, and I *think*  she got
my green bra the other night. ]

Anyway...I was talking on the phone and doing my homework--paying very
little attention to my sneaky little girl--when she popped on the bed
casually.  Sneaking her way past me, she tried once more to steal the bag of
balloons.  I just managed to catch this out of the corner of my eye and
snatch them back (ripping the bag a bit more)in time.

For the next few hours, I figured she had given up since I didn't hear the
rustle of the bag any more when she tried to drag it away.  It seems that my
sneaky furball got one up on me...I looked at the bag....something was
wrong.  The bag looked a bit lighter than before... I watched carefully, but
tried hard to look like I wasn't paying any attention.  All of a sudden
StealthFerret came crawling silently up the side of the bed.
E-v-e-r-s-o-c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y she stuck her little head in the bag, snatched
ONE balloon, ran like a nut to the other side of the bed, and vaulted off,
never to be seen again.

Looking into the bag...I found three remaining balloons.  At one point,
there had been fifty in there.  God only knows what she wants with a bunch
of balloons, or my bra for that matter!  I think I need to be more watchful
of stealthmode Weezer...I may not find anything I own ever again!!

Anyone else experience this kind of weirdness with female ferrets?  My big
boy, Bandit, is pretty good about leaving my stuff where it is.  He will
investigate everything in creation, but he leaves it there...

Oh well!
Best wishes to all fuzzbutts and fuzzbutt friends..

Jen and the nuts
Bandit and StealthWeezer