From:
Jason Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:27:02 -0600
Hi all,

It has been a very long time since I have posted to the FML.  Many things
have happened.  Some of you "old Timers" may remember me as the truck
driver that used to travel the country with ferrets.  About three years
ago, I was diagnosed with a disease that forced me to stop driving truck.

Unfortunately, I only have one ferret left with me from those days.  Her
name is Doris.  She is 8 years old and is doing great.  Some of you may
remember her as being the star of a story that involved myself running
all over a truck stop squeaking a toy, looking for a ferret that must had
somehow escaped.  As many of you can imagine, I got many funny looks from
other truck drivers.  The story had a good ending though, when I found
that Doris had found a little hole that allowed her to get into the
wiring conduit in my truck.  I found her and promptly sealed up that
hole.  That was a scare that I will never forget.

Since that time, I have returned to school and received two Associate
Degrees and am currently working on a Bachelors Degree.  I got married
last week to a wonderful (of course :-) ) lady.  We currently have 5
ferrets.  They are Doris, Chance and Cutie (who were rescued from the
animal control after being seized in a drug house takedown), and Klondike
and Abu (who were adopted from some people that changed their life styles
in such a way that they could no longer keep them).

I am also currently working on a plan that could very possible earn some
money for any ferret shelter that wants to participate, but I am still
working out the details with my employer.

BIG, thanks so very much for your many years of dedication to this great
newsletter.

Best Regards,
Jason D. Poole