From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:06:55 -0800
>From:    Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: FERRET-L (#2000-2924) [getting blood]
>I make relative judgements, foolishly assuming that strong reactions and
>loud vocalizations are indicative of greater pain than lesser reactions
>and silence.  I couldn't prove it if it were reversed.

Well since some other methods involve anethesia, you wouldn't expect a
sleeping and drugged ferret to scream no matter what the pain.

>But it makes me happier when [even 1% of] ferrets don't scream out.

The other methods of drawing blood are riskier.  You are obsessing on one
detail and ignoring all others.

Which hurts more a paper cut on the finger or a more serious deeply embeded
splinter away from the finger tip?  The finger tips have more nerves so the
paper cut which is as inconsequential as any injury could be hurts more but
is not as serious.

Your arguments are not persuasive.  They haven't changed so it seems
pointless to continue.

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets