From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:58:46 -0500
I do know of one Petco that I go to when I run out of ferret food (and
yes, even bought a baby ferret from there about 6 months ago- no flames
please), that does take care of their ferrets and even handles the babies
so they are not nippers.  I went their 6 months ago to pick up ferret
food and cat and ferret toys and walked by to check on the ferrets as
usual.  I was losing one of my first ferrets to lymphoma and when I saw
one that looked just like him as a baby - I just had to hold him (which
I never do).  I have always looked and kept walking.  I fell in love and
what a personality!  No biting!  Very sweet !  Has Marshalls changed
their stock?

The point is, this Petco does handle their ferrets, keeps the cage clean
and I am told by one of the workers that their grandmother (didn't ask
the name like a fool), constantly checks on the ferrets.  This Petco is
in Hanover, MA.

To all of you that have recently lost babies or in the past, my heart
aches for you.  I wish these beautiful animals did not have to go through
so much.  It just isn't fair.  My sincere condolences.

Eleanor Mead