From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:13:01 -0800
Introducing my ferrets!!!  I only have 4 at this time.  All of them were
surrendered to me at no cost.

P-Bear: 5 y.o. male, DEW, deaf & fierce biter.  Abandoned at the vets
office.  Nearly doubles in weight in the winter, then rapidly losses it
in the spring.  No health problems other than that.  Hates the other
ferrets, only got along with Oliver who passed in Aug. '01.  Lives by
himself because of it & it makes me heartsick for him.  Started to play
very well with my new kitty, but he bit him and the kitty is scared of
him now.  Have tried everything I can think of...any ideas for biting &
getting along with other ferrets?

Tassie: 4 y.o. female, Deaf & blind albino.  Surrendered because of a
marriage, no time & new hubby didn't want. (?)  She has been sickly since
the day I got her.  She's on prednisone.  She won't be with me much longer
(I've been saying that for 2 1/2 years now).  I'm dealing with the quality
of life issue & trying to figure out where that line is.

Buddy: 4-5 y.o. male, Sable.  No health problems.  Found running in a
trailer park, advertised at my vets office as needing a home.  Good
ferret role model for Wheelie who didn't know how to be a ferret.

Wheelie: 5-6 y.o. female, Chocolate Sable.  Rescued by a co-worker from
the end of a rifle - it was too much trouble to clean her cage once a
month!  Recovered nicely from adrenal surgery in February.  She's learned
how to be a ferret very well, except she hasn't learned to back away from
my one cat - she's going to get it one day!  I think she may have cataracts.

I lost Oliver in Aug '01 - 6 y.o. male Sable to what I now understand was
prostate cancer secondary to undetected adrenal tumors.  (hair thinned for
a week, then it grew back very full).

And I lost Perrin in Feb '02 - 5 y.o. male sable during adrenal surgery.
He had a tumor the size of a small egg, which engulfed many different
organs.

Also lost Kahlua (cancer) and Tequila (accident during free roam) several
years ago.

Thanks for letting me babble.
Holly