From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:31:42 EDT
My new neighbor is from the Ukraine.  We are having quite a difficult
time trying to communicate, but we are making great attempts.  I showed
her one of my ferrets one day.  She told me the word in her lanquage
for this animal is (or sounds like) "Koo'nah" .  If I understood her
correctly, they feed them chicken there, and they are pets.  But in
addition to pets the ladies wear them on their shoulders (maybe she is
confused with mink?), and the men wear them for caps.

Is there anyone that can either correct me or fill me in further?  I love
hearing about these critters in other countries.  "Kuhna" would be a
great ferret name.  :D

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/