From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:19:30 -0700
This is to the California ferret owner that wrote the STORY about
not getting vet treatment for his or her ferret because you live in
California.  You are wrong!  I live in California too.  (That's why I
posted anonymously)  There is a law to protect vets treating ferrets.
They cannot board your ferret but can vaccinate, examine and treat your
ferret.  I live in California and have ferrets.  They all receive vet
care.  We have gone through adrenal disease, cardiomyopathy, enlarged
spleens and all those things that affect fur babies.  I have a good,
ferret knowledgeable vet, an Emergency Vet and one I have seen for a
second opinion.  Any person who does NOT seek proper vet care for any
pet is being neglectful.  Would you deny medical care to other family
members?  If your friend lost her pet, I honestly believe that there
is more to the story.  Giving a fragile animal unproven alternative
medicine without a consultation with a vet is hazardous.  And any
preparation that claims to treat and cure many conditions is suspect.
For those who use alternative medicine in conjunction with traditional
medicine, this, I feel is safe.  But to not seek knowledgeable help, is
foolhardy.  I hope you will have a vet check your ferret and get advise
on any underlying condition and well grounded advise.

Mom to Snickers, Rocky, Rascal, Henry and Lucy.

All my children DO have fur.

[EY]