From:
Jennifer van Buren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 07:10:16 -0400
I read your p.s. and immediately thought of my Max.  I'm not sure that
Murphy and Max had the same issue but it sounds very familiar.  Early
last month we noticed that Max had lost lots of weight but still looked
huge due to swelling and wasn't playing as much.  We took him to the vet
where they did an x-ray and tested the fluids.  According to the two vets
that saw him, he has mesothelioma.  Because he's not in pain our vet
recommended holding off on the prednisone treatment.  We were told that
this type of cancer is rare in domestic pets especially in ferrets.
Our vet has been researching various treatments but isn't coming up
with much.  Poor little guys just don't have enough medical treatment
research done.  We've found ways to convince him to come out and play
and definitely monitor his behavior indicating pain.  He appears to be
in good spirits but we know it's a matter of time.

Jen

"The world is its own magic."
- Shunryu Suzuki

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"I am who I am who I am who am I
Requesting some enlightenment
Could I have been anyone other than me?"
---Dave Matthews Band, Dancing Nancies