From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 12:18:17 -0500
RE:  Border Crossing
Keith, I can't tell you exactly what the laws are on bringing ferrets into
the USA from Canada.  I'm sure someone else will respond to that though :-).

I can tell you that ferrets are quite legal in New Brunswick, NJ, and all of
the surrounding communities.  They are generally well received by the
citizens of the area.  In fact I live in the next town over, North
Brunswick.  I don't know why you are coming here...possibly Rutgers College?
At any rate, you might want to think about living in one of the surrounding
communities rather than New Brunswick if you have that option.  Not that New
Brunswick is bad, but some of the surrounding towns are towns, not cities.
Feel free to contact me via private e-mail for more info on that.

As far as vets go, I use the Plainfield Animal Hospital.  It is a rather
large practice, with 6 vets, and many techs, assistants, etc.  They are
quite ferret knowledgeable.  The thing I like best about them is that they
are not "above" calling another vet for a consult if they are stumped, or
want to double check something.  They have consulted with Drs. Williams,
Brown and Kawasaki on my ferrets in the past year.  Their fees are fair-
they always give you worst case scenarios up front.  I am quite happy with
them.  They are about 1/2 hour from New Brunswick.

-Mrs. Duck