From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:45:29 -0700
Lets face it, most of my friends look at me like a loony-bird when I gush
about the wonderful tricks of my 2 new guys, so the FML is just about the
only place I can go where I dont get raised eyebrows over my "weasel
addiction".

The clear dryer hose we ordered arrived in the mail yesterday & it's the hit
of the century, even better than playing in the sprinklers!  Thanks so much
to the folks who sent me info on getting this stuff.  Lemke, who is usually
more sedate, was just ecstatic - his tail was going round like a helicopter
propeller!  They chased each other through it around & over it, they rolled
around in it and made crinkly noises with it, they stashed toys in it, They
played king of the tunnel in it etc Bill & I were laughing so hard we
thought we'd bust

I'm really glad we held out for the clear tube instead of the opaque: not
only do we have oodles of fun watching them inside it (who needs TV?), but
they can see one another as well, so that the ferret outside will start
chasing the ferret inside or vise versa, or they'll try to attack each other
through the hose.  if they're both inside & it's curved so they can see one
another they'll start wiggling the tube around trying to get at one another.

We didnt have the heart to take it away from them when we left for work this
morning, so I'd like to know if anyone's had any problems with ferrets
getting trapped or hurt in these that I should be aware of & only allow them
supervised play, or if its a good all-the-time toy.  We did tip over a chair
on top of it to see what would happen & it stayed sufficiently stiff to
protect them should this happen while they're inside, and we couldnt think
of anything else that would hurt them, but I know they're mighty clever
little guys & I worry...

FYI, When I placed the order the nice guy at the hardware store told me he's
getting in a sample of another brand of clear hose that's a little more
durable & about the same price.  The stuff I got seems like the plastic is a
little thin & may not hold up well over time, especially given the work out
it's getting.

the other cute game of the day is to wrassle with my pony tail (my hair
hangs halfway to my knees so there's lots of it to play with) Misha
discovered it this morning when he was still excited & war dancing from
playing in the tunnel.  I was brushing my hair out so I guess that it was
kind of wiggling around over the bed where he was playing & all of a sudden
he started jumping at it, so of course I had to wiggle it back at him & then
we were in the midst of a major wrestling match.  at one point he was
swinging from my hair over the bed like Tarzan.  I suspect I may regret this
new game later on, but it was soooo funny.

Eden - who's hair is not as tidy as it might be today :->

Eden Rain     [log in to unmask]

Adobe Systems, Seattle WA