From:
"Stines, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:36:09 -0600
Dear Jennifer, CJ, Cindy & Pete in Phoenix,

I read your post.  I know your pain.  We lost one ferret to an unknown
disease not more that six months ago and now we have one who is sick.
The current sickness has been diagnosed as ECE, some for of viral
infection (which, if any body has any additional information please post)
As for giving up on your little boy, my feeling is no.  While I have had
to make that awful decision, I did it only because they could no longer
care for themselves in anyway.  If the critter still has the fight in
him, let him run with it.  We would never suggest the idea of putting
down another human because they have a terminal illness, so why do it for
a beloved pet?  As long as you are able to give love and comfort, I'm
sure your little one will be comforted.  May God grant you both comfort.

James S, TX