From:
marianne! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 21:33:24 -0500
hiya..

a zillion thanx to those who wrote me re: periscope's illness.  i'm sorry i
didn't get a chance to respond to each of you personally but you know how it
is with a sick fuzzy!!

i gave her some Duck soup as i had the ingrediants on-hand but didnt get my
emails in time to get some of the ingrediants for some of the other recipes
(like timmy or stan's, which i really want to try).  i don't have any
colliodal silver at the moment, i guess i better order some.  is it good for
non-ECE related stuff?  ie an all over cure?  she had some duck soup but
then the phone rang and distracted her.

she still has the runny stools, feels a bit warm.  she's drinking on her own
but won't take the pedialyte or duck soup except from my fingers.  her
energy level seems pretty normal though, she "asked" to get out of the cage
so i let her down thinking she'd curl up but she ran straight for the
stuffed kangaroo and started attacking.  then she found an insole - yi!  so
she's certainly not lethargic, but very skinny.  i'm taking her to the vet's
early in the morning and maybe they can ascertain more?  (stan and whomever
else wants to know, its the dixie animal hospital in mississauga).

btw, the pet store was no help (shocking).  i called to say, "i bought a boy
ferret there a little while ago and now my older ferret is very sick.  is
there any chance he could have been carrying something?"
pet store: well, are your ferrets vaccinated against rabies and distemper?
me: of course, but this isn't one of those two
pet store: well he's vaccinated
me: yes, i *realize* that, but what i am saying is this is something
    different.
pet store: well, he's vacinated so there's no way he'd be carrying anything.

           D'OH!

it went on like this ad infinitum until i finally had to get off the phone
in disgust. lets not even mention the wood shavings, filthy litterbox, etc.
(i know i shouldnt have patronized this store, but B.B. was the sweetest
little thing and i was a big sucker)(little did i know he was a savage)

gawd, this email was really long. sorry!

marianne
cookie
b.b. (who just ripped 2 long claw marks into my arm which resemble suicide
      attempts)
and the very sick periscope-bear (who at this moment is staring out at me
from inside a pair of long john's as if to say "who, me?")
[log in to unmask]http://toronto.ark.com/~marianne--
         site developer--> http://www.campuscafe.com <--
----TORONTO WEBGRRLS - http://www.webgrrls.com/toronto -----------