From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:11:56 -0500
I am posting this anon, because we live in a Ferret free Area.

In August we lost Margie.  Margie lived a very long life for a ferret.
She was 13, and had never been sick a day in her life, until 4 days
before we lost her.

I said then, I would never own another ferret, cause no other ferret,
could ever replace my Baby!

Hubby had a internet class this past semester, and lo and behold, a lady
in his class runs a Ferret Shelter about 100 miles away.  I saw it as a
sign...Its time to get another ferret, or two!  She will have some ready
for adoption in January.

We have a big puppy.  He has just hit his adult weight of 90 pounds.  Is
there anyway to convinse him that the new ferrets are not lunch or a
midnight snack?  He is not a mean dog...just a highly playful dog.  He
pretty much ignored Margie, but I am still concerned about bringing new
ferrets in the house.  And I hate to lock him up when the ferrets are out,
but if I have to I will!

Thanks for any ideas
Peggy