From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:41:27 -0700
I wanted to comment about a post on the FML yesterday:

Tim Wrote:
>>From: tim aufderheide <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: diahrrea
>>My ferret has had diahrrea for about a week now to 10 days, he seems to
>>be eating ok....
>Tim,
>Sorry to hear about your financial situation, but if you do not spend the
>money and get your baby to the vet, he will probably die.  Mine almost did.
>Had diarrhea (yours sounds like ECE as well) and by the time I decided he
>couldn't kick the diarrhea by himself, I had to pay alot more because he
>was dehydrated and needed emergency care.  Also, the diarrhea was so far
>gone, he now has inflammatory bowel disease and needs prolonged treatment,
>which means more money.

--The way that Tim described his ferret's problem does not sound at all
like ECE to me.  These symptoms don't match--aren't as bad--as the symptoms
I've read about in ECE pamphlets (put out by our local ferret shelter).
I am just wondering b/c ferret people are very worried about ECE, it is
contagious, and very hard to help your ferret get over it.  I wouldn't
want to scare Tim about ECE if the symptoms don't match?

just a comment...

Minta