From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:58:17 -0000
Bob left for London and the Eurostar this afternoon.  However, before
he left we went down to Bolton for lunch - fish, chips and mushy peas.
After lunch I suggested to Bob that we headed for one of the oldest pubs
in England, "The Man and Scythe" in Churchgate, Bolton.  (I think it was
first opened in 1260 not sure of the exact date.) After sinking a half
pint of an excellent cask ale (none of these ice cold lagers, or a Buds
for us - the real McCoy or nothing) we made for a supermarket so that Bob
could purchase a few bottles of Fursty Ferret to take back to the USA...
they are going to be well travelled by the time he gets home.

It was absolutely great to meet up with him after so many years of
reading his posts on here, it was just like meeting an old friend.

Photo of Bob with Arwen - Bob's the one wearing the baseball cap ;-) at
http://groups.msn.com/nfwsopen/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0
&ID_Message=218

BTW I think I ought to warn folk that the photo was taken at the end of
the ferreting season and Arwen is examining her rabbit.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare - not a registered charity

Declaration Day Quote of the day from Vini Faal, "Alun Michael is
to animal welfare what King Herod was to baby sitting".

NFWS web site http://www.nfws.net updated 7th June 2004
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge:- Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper, Inga, Holly, Fergle, Amanda, Sparky, Daniel,
Blackie, Marvin, Claude, Bumper, Kurt, Tasha Yar, Larry, Lily, Ben,
Fritz, Dax, Kelley, McCoy, Brock, Snowy, Dumpling, Buddy, Stumpy,
Treacle, Max, Scrap, Vanessa, Sarek, Paw Paw, Badger, T.D, Spooky,
Stanley, Tara, Oliver, Alfie, Sindy, Beano, Lulu, Scully, Brecon,
Lady, Tuppence, Casanova, Beverly, Geordi La Forge, Piper, Phoenix,
Tiberius & Twiggy.

[Moderator's note: Wow, that doesn't look like Bob C. to me!  Not saying
it isn't, but could have fooled us all!  Weird.  BIG]