From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 18:19:21 -0400
SKauf (tried to e-mail direct, didnt work) My ferrets two favorite toys are
(1) my gortex military BDU coat which makes noise, has a nylon liner, big
sleeves to crawl around in etc.  I move it around, scratch on the top when
there in it etc.  (2) Those cat toys on string and a plastic stick.  I have
bought two and both sticks have broken.  I just went to a home improvement
store today and bought a length of dowel.  I play to drill a hole in one
end - run some twine through and tie a piece of sock or something to the
end - so no more broken plastic sticks.  Besides Giesela ate the nylon
string on the other one.  I run around the house with this stick and string
out in front of me and they chase it like their obsessed!  I got one for my
vet who has a ferret and another ferret friend and both said their ferrets
loved it.  Give it a try!

I have seen other military members here - do your ferrets love your BDU
jacket?  I was freezing this spring because I would leave it at home for
them to play in.  Also mine do not seem to like cola's beer wine or juice,
hardboiled eggs or fruit, not even raisens unless theyre smeared with
ferretvite, which they love (along with ferretcoat which is like ferretone
which is like linetone).  They do like honey nut cheerios (I know I know),
dog biscuits and ferret bites.  A new thing I tried and which Giesela will
occassinally take one are those dehydrated little fishes for cats (come in a
little box and stink to high heaven).  I drop the bag on the floor and let
her get one herself if she wants it and then close the bag fast!  Am
currently making my own toy with dowel and twine (which hopefully Giesela
wont eat) because those little plastic sticks keep breaking.

Dooks and licks
Mary Boris and Giesela