From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 10:32:30 -0500
>From:    "Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
>I have previously read the same articles at the URL he mentioned.  Some of
>them sure looked like info on official reports of USDA inspections of the
>facility and not just someone's biased opinion.  I don't think that L.I.
>F.E. made up this report.  They claim to have obtained a copy of the USDA
>report and the article was based on that report.

"sure looked like"  "I don't think"  "They claim"

How do you know what an official USDA report looks like?  (Especially if
these reports are secret.) Why do you trust L.I.F.E.  so completely as not
to question them?  I refuse to form an opinion based on such apocryphal
evidence.  Has anyone actually contacted the USDA?  This was not what I
meant when I suggested that the charges against MF be verified before we all
joined forces to take them apart brick by brick.

Lately it seems like I've been asking all the hard questions, but what use
is it if we all pretend we agree when we really don't?  If you think I have
a personality problem, body odour, bad hair, a rotten attitude, or ride a
broom to and from work, you're welcome to your opinion, but please don't
send me mail about it.  It's all true, and I don't like to be reminded.

Cute stories to lighten the mood, once again:

Mortimer, Sebastian, and Mithril were asleep in their kitty carrier (which
they think is the most wonderful place on earth).  Sebastian oozed out to
stretch out on the floor.  Mithril hopped out, grabbed Sebastian by the ear,
and tried to drag him back inside.  Seeing what she wanted, I picked
Sebastian up and plopped him back in the hammock.  Mithril followed and
happily went back to sleep on top of the pile.

And another: Mortimer was relocating Baby Duckie, his favorite toy in the
world.  He took it over to a throw rug, and was trying to get the Duckie
under the rug.  The problem was that Mortimer needs to use his nose to
wiggle under the rug, and he can't do that with Duckie in his mouth.  So he
sets Duckie down and ducks under the rug.  Now, Mithril covets Duckie, and
likes to keep it in the communal hidey hole.  When she saw Duckie sitting
unguarded and Mortimer with his head under the rug, she dashed over and
stole Duckie and ran away.  When Mortimer reemerged, she was gone, and he
looked *very* confused.

-Catherine