From:
Erica Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:30:26 EDT
I think Matan is trying to what he believes is right.  We should not insult
him or condemn him for having different opinions.  He is coming here for
help and I think he cares for his ferrets.  We need to be more supportive
and helpful.

Matan, I don't know if you have thought of all of the alternatives.  If
your jill keeps coming into heat, maybe she should be spayed.  Most of the
ferrets in the US are already spayed when they are very young, so most of
us do not have to make that decision.  I appreciate the fact that you have
decided to be a breeder, but I do not want your ferret to suffer.  Perhaps
you could spay your current jill, if the injections are not working, and
possibly breed one of the kits when they get a little older.  I know that a
great number of the posts here have been unkind, but you must know that we
have a problem with unwanted ferrets here and that there are not enough
homes to go around.  I understand there is no problem with overpopulation
in your area now, but if none of the ferrets are spayed there will soon be
a large problem.  So, I hope you will tell others to spay and neuter their
ferrets, even if you decide not to do so.  Good luck with your book and
please do not let people stop you from posting here.

Erica
Snoball, the dog
Ripley, Max, and Jinx, the kitties
Fitz, the ferret