From:
J Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:12:47 -0400
At 22:32 6/18/00 EDT, Debbi Searing wrote:
>Well now he has taken to climbing on my daughter's bed while she's
>sleeping and biting her, hard, usually on the arm, ear, or hand.  (she's
>only 4, wakes up screaming bloody murder).  Any ideas what's going
>on or how I can stop this?  He doesn't bite her or go after her any other
>time!  I don't want to block off her room (but I will if it comes to that!),
>because then he'll just spend all his time scratching at the door to get
>in.  He stashes all his toys under her bureau and falls asleep there after
>playtime, too.

Why is he doing this?  I don't know.  I do know it is better that Merlin
scratch at the door than bite your daughter, no matter his reason for doing
so.  I get the clear impression that this is repeated behavior.  Your
daughter is 4 years old and depends on you to keep her safe.  Do so.  Take
Merlin's toy stash out from under her dresser and block off her room if she
is asleep when he is out.  Worry about WHY he is doing this as an entirely
separate matter after your daughter's safety and wellbeing are protected
first and foremost.

--
Jim H