Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:22:51 -0800
Thanks for the suggestions! Wanda is still at vet's. X ray's not
showing any blockages, she is trying to eat on her own now, but
projectile vomiting. Vet has her on fluids, pain meds, antibiotics,
anti nausea meds.She asked about doing exploratory surgery - but that's
not in my budget and doesn't sit well with me anyway just to cut them
open to take a look-see. She is using her litter box and has semi solid
formed poops - so her digestive tract is functioning. Vet wonders
about a stomach bacteria. Also considering possibility of Juvenile
Lymphosarcoma. Wanda is at the age of that onset. What would be the
chances of one person getting two out of three young ferrets, from
different years, from different breeders with that insidious disease?
She's gone from a solid bouncy 2 1/2 lb ferret to sedate 1 lb 6 oz
ferret in the span of 4 days! Radiographs showed huge gas bubble in
stomach last night. She is more active today - on all the meds.

Sorry for the "canned reply" I've got a bunch of suggestions from many
helpful folks and will be posting back on FML. In the interest of time
constraints (during break at work), I'm copying and pasting - but do
appreciate your indivivudual responses! thanks to everyone! Keep Wanda
in your thoughts.

Thank you,
Kim

please visit :