From:
Carol Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 22:06:08 -0800
Oh Sukie - you are absolutely right!  Being a moderate to at times, severe,
asthmatic I can tell you all that the worst thing in the world is to have
an asthma attack on a plane - and it's happened to me, and was one of the
most frightening experiences of my life.  Asthmatics like myself never
really know just how bad an attack will get, as every year I get older, the
more things I become allergic to, and the more severe existing allergies
become - and when you're somewhere, like on a plane, with no way to get
immediate help ...

Fortunately, I am not allergic to ferrets - or severely allergic to cats,
and once was denied a specific reservation on a flight - when trying to
transport a kitty - because someone with an existing reservation had
declared an allergy to cats.  No problem - I made a reservation on a
different flight - as I completely understood the problem - but maybe you
would have to know what it feels like to suddenly go from being just fine,
to not being able to breathe in just a few moments.

I have traveled on Delta with ferrets - they charge the $60 by the carrier,
not the number of ferrets, the only requirement being that they be able to
stand up and turn around - and the carrier fit under a seat in front of
you - and despite their horrible delays - Delta was quite accommodating
as far as my ferrets went, and it was well worth the $60 each way - not to
have to worry about being discovered, and potentially risk the lives of
some kiddos that I dearly love and treasure - or the life of a human who
might be severely allergic to ferrets.

Carol