Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:07:21 -0600
It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years since a small group of
ferret owners in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada sat down together and asked
themselves "what can we do to help"? Not long after that the Alberta
Ferret Society was formed. Today the AFS is a credible, stable and
professionally run charitable organization operated by a province-wide
network of devoted ferret-wise volunteers dedicated to the health and
welfare of ferrets.

More than 800 ferrets have been given a second chance thanks to
the open arms and loving hearts of the members of the AFS. These
angels-in-disguise provide temporary homes for every displaced fur kid
that comes through our doors. As they wait for their "forever" homes
the Society provides for their physical needs and our members provide
the rest. Whether its rehabilitation, medical support or someone to
play with or hold them or cry for them as they make their journey to
the bridge the members of the AFS make sure they know they are not
alone. We've shared happy endings, much laughter and many tears of
joy and sadness in the last 10 years.

The AFS is not just about rescue though. In the last 10 years our
members have spent countless hours raising money, doing paperwork,
participating in educational tables and trade shows and doing whatever
needed to be done. Members are the heart and soul of the AFS and
because of their sweat, blood and tears the Alberta Ferret Society
can proudly stand up and say "WE REALLY HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE"!

Please join me in congratulating the Alberta Ferret Society on 10 YEARS
of providing rescue and shelter for Alberta's ferrets in need! Our next
newsletter will be all about thanking the many people who have made
this possible. If you would like to drop me a note I'd love to include
it in the newsletter so that our members can see that they are not just
appreciated by me but by ferret lovers everywhere!

Barb Hoult
Alberta Ferret Society
President
www.albertaferretsociety.com