From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:40:58 -0500
For those that remember the 261 ferret confiscation by animal control
from Jen Morrison in Utah during Sept 2001, you may be very upset to
know that JM is still at it -
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4715320

For those that don't know about the situation, this was a horrible
hoarding situation and 235 ferrets were relocated from Layton Co Animal
Control the Saturday after 9/11.  JM was sentenced on several counts of
zoning violation but because animal control knew nothing about ferrets
she was not charged with animal cruelty as she should have been but her
sentencing made it clear that she was not to take in ferrets at her
condo residence because it was a direct violation of zoning regulations.
Please check the FML archives for more information if you are interested.

Since that time, Layton Co Animal Control has been made aware that JM
continues to take in ferrets but they have not done anything about it...

It's sad to know that there are ferrets suffering in the hands of a known
hoarder and the authorities who are responsible for preventing this type
of situation won't follow through as they should....

Someday we will all get what we give and anyone that has done what JM
has done to these innocent trusting beings....

Ms. Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org
Please sign up to support our efforts