From:
"M.S. Hastie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:14:47 PDT
I am at a loss here.  I have a female sable ferret that is about 3 1/2 years
of age.  And she is dying I think.  She's been fully checked out by a vet a
few months ago.  Who really had no idea why she was naught but skin and
bones especially since she had teh same weight (1.5 pounds).  The doc took a
stool sample and ran some tests but didnt see anything, but gave her the
medicine for worms anyway, just in case.  He said that my next desicion
would be to have her sedated for X-rays and blood work-up.  But I just can't
imagine putting her little body through that.

She is eating fine ( 8 and 1) and drinking and pooping ok.  She plays with
her sisters and brother when out of their cage.  But like last night she let
me hold her while she slept.  Something she never use to let me do.

I just dont know what to do now.

Margaret