Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:48:55 -0800
I think we have the silliest ferret in the world.  This morning I rushed
into the kitchen after hearing banging sounds.  There was Chester on the
window ledge above the kitchen sink.  (We really try to keep him off the
counter, but it's hard to avoid leaving the dining room chairs close
enough for an enthusiastic leap.)  He had knocked over a jar of water on
the ledge, drenching a few knick knacks in the process.  He also bit a
hole in the bag of fluids we've been giving Pepper.  After a few minutes
of cleanup I thought everything was all back to normal.

It wasn't until this evening when I went to make dinner that I noticed
the crocheted egg sitting in our KitchenAid mixing bowl.  At first I
thought that my husband had put it there for some crazy reason.  But
after he laughingly denied it, it became clear who the culprit was.  At
first it seemed like a bizarre place to store a crocheted egg.  But then
it occurred to me that it is really not strange at all to put an egg
into a mixing bowl.  He was probably just trying to make us a nice
breakfast.  Thanks, Chester!

Hugs to all the furry ones,
Julie