From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 17:36:44 EDT
>Dick, you had a useful packet when folks were legalizing ferrets.
>I expect that parts of that also may work for other legal changes.
>Perhaps you have an update?  If there is such an "animal" could you
>tell folks about how to get it?

I still have a "how to" paper on the steps for legalization that is still
applicable to most ferret issues.  It's just a basic how to introduce
your bill, how to follow up, how to finish up.  Mostly common sense
stuff.  That was two computers ago and one computer crash, but I still
think I can find it if anyone is interested.

A lot of the packet that I had "way back then" dealt with rabies and bite
issues and isn't terribly applicable to the issues now, even if the info
were current, which it isn't.

I did do an update on some of the issues during the Lynn, MA
legalization, last year, when Sharon Burbine successfully led yet another
legalization effort.  Again that deals mostly with "ferrets are
dangerous" propaganda put out by the NYC public health group.

If anyone thinks this might be useful to them, email me and I'll see if I
can't get my Macintosh to convert the files to something Windows PCs can
read.

Dick B.